Kamis, 03 April 2014

it's Haruki Murakami's time


oke. *tarik napas* *hembuskan*

i don't know how to explain about this writer. i'm tottaly in love with him. seriously.

siapa emangnya Haruki Murakami ? nih kakek Haruki

belum pernah baca bukunya, hanya mampir ke web-web berisi quotes beliau yang --menurut awa-- so dark so deep sebelas duabelas sama Sylvia Plath ((oh, God. why, why i'm in love with dark side, LOL)), sudah menyiapkan hati membuka lembar demi lembar IQ84nya tapi manis setia nunggu giliran yaa, sayang. too much books, too less times.

kenalan dulu sama quote pertama beliau yang bikin saya kepo tingkat pemilu presiden :


kalau kamu suka banget baca buku, kamu suka koleksi, kamu suka melihat jejeran buku-buku di rumah kamu quote ini bakal bikin kamu bilang, "asem, bener banget!"

inilah quote pertama kake Haruki yang bikin saya jatuh cinta, diambil dari buku Noorwegian Wood nya yang sampai sekarang saya belum nemu di toko buku manapun di Lampung ((duh...)) abis baca ini eh yaa kepo dong sama kakek satu ini, trus tau bahwa beliau bikin buku IQ84 dan cek ricek review orang-orang abis itu okelah kita beli. ada 3 jilid, yang udah fix milik saya baru jilid pertama ((yaa sabar yaa, kan harganya ga semurah beli Slai O'lai)) belum sempat dibaca ((no, no, jangan salahkan kesibukan, sayalah yang tak pandai "mencuri" waktu untuk membukanya)).
lanjut aja, yaa. langsung ke topik utama mengapa postingan ini dibuat. here we gooooo!


Nobody's easier to fool, than the person who is convinced that he is right.


I don't think of myself as an artist. I'm just a guy who can write.


Reality was one step out of line, a cardigan with the buttons done up wrong.


The kind of helpless feeling when everything you're used to has been ripped away. Like there's no more gravity, and I'm left to drift in outer space with no idea where I'm going.


Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?


Life is basically unfair. But even in a situation that's unfair, I think it's possible to seek a kind of fairness.


And then, inside me, the axis of time gave one great heave.


It is the same with anything - you have to learn through your own experience, paying your own way. You can't learn it from a book.


I don't give a damn about what people say. They can be reptile food for all I care.


You can see a person's whole life in the cancer they get.


I may not look it, but I can be a very patient guy. And killing time is one of my specialities.


Expression and communication are essential; without these, civilization ends.


I may be the type who manages to grab all the pointless things in life but lets the really important things slip away.


Nobody's going to win all the time. On the highway of life you can't always be in the fast lane.


Chance encounters are what keep us going.


I wonder what ants do on rainy days?


Snow floated down every once in a while, but it was frail snow, like a memory fading into the distance.


Let the world move along as it pleased. If it had any business with him, it would be sure to tell him.


The most important thing we learn at school is the fact that the most important things can't be learned at school.


Violence does not always take physical form, and not all wounds gush blood.


Why do people have to build such depressing places? I'm not saying that every nook and cranny of the world has to be beautiful, but does it have to be this ugly?


May I give you a piece of advise? ... Don't feel sorry for yourself, only arseholes do that.


What I feel for her is a wholly different emotion. It stands and walks on its own, living and breathing and throbbing and shaking me to the roots of my being.


It's not me but the world that's deranged.


If you can't understand it without an explanation, you can't understand it with an explanation.


I am a flawed human being - a far more flawed human being than you realize.


The gears of life had moved ahead a notch with a loud ker-chunk, and Junpei knew that they would never turn back again.


I don't think most people would like my personality. There might be a few -- very few, I would imagine- who are impressed by it, but rarely would anyone like it.


People soon get tired of things that aren't boring, but not of what is boring.


Time moves in it special way in the middle of the night.


You like to write. It's the single most important quality for someone who wants to be a writer. But not in itself enough.


I can't afford to take responsibilities for others' lives. It's all I can do to bear the weight of my own life and my own loneliness.


She hadn't been hurt in any real way, had she? No one had treated her badly. I must just be overly sensitive to things, she convinced herself.


The faintest gleam of their lost memories glimmered for the briefest moment in their hearts.


If I'm going to merely ramble, maybe I should just snuggle under the warm covers, think of Miu, and play with myself.


People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues.


What we call the present is given shape by an accumulation of the past.


What I think is this: You should give up looking for lost cats and start searching for the other half of your shadow.


I noticed for the first time that his expression was completely changed - strangely expressionless, eyes out of focus. He seemed to be staring into a void.


Like the sound of a velvet curtain being drawn aside on a peaceful morning to let sunlight wake someone very special to you.


I don't know, I feel like this isn't the real world. The people, the scene: they just don't seem real to me.


Sometimes when I think of life, I feel like a piece of driftwood washed up on shore.


We're both looking at the same moon, in the same world.


We're connected to reality by the same line. All I have to do is quietly draw it towards me.


Count your blessings.


Time came slowly and passed slowly, so leisurely that at times he could swear it had stealthily doubled back on itself.


This may be the most important proposition revealed by history: At the time, no one knew what was coming.


Everything passes. Nobody gets anything for keeps. And that's how we've got to live.


The problem was, I think, that the places I fit in were always falling behind the rimes.


Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.


You can't go anywhere if you resign yourself to being attacked.


It seems to me that very sad things always contain an element of the comical.


I don't think we should judge the value of our lives by how efficient they are.

Open your eyes, train your ears, use your head. If a mind you have, then use it while you can.


Maybe that's why people don't like you. You make it obvious you don't care whether people like you or not. That makses some people angry.


If a person would just make the effort, there's something to be learned from everything. From even the most ordinary, commonplace things, there's always something you can learn.


When microorganisms die, they make oil; when huge timbers fall, they make coal. But everything here was pure, unadulterated rubbish that didn't make anything. Where does a busted videodeck get you?


It's hard to breathe, and I close my eyes. There's a hard lump of air in my chest, like I've swallowed a raincloud whole.


She was seriously in love, but she never made demands.


Knowledge and ability were tools, not things to show off.


I'd made it back to the land of the living. No matter how boring or mediocre a world it might be, this was it.


It's just like Yeats said. In dreams begin responsibilities. Flip this around and you could say that where there's no power to imagine, no responsibility can arise.


In the spring of her twenty-second year, Sumire fell in love for the first time in her life.


There are symbolic dreams-dreams that symbolize some reality. Then there are symbolic realities-realities that symbolize a dream.


But intolerant,narrow minds with no imagination are like parasites that transform the host,change form,and continue to thrive. They're a lost cause, and I don't want anyone like that coming in here.


Having an object that symbolizes freedom might make a person happier than actually getting the freedom it represents.


The things she most wanted to tell him would lose their meaning the moment she put them into words.


I have no models in Japanese literature. I created my own style, my own way.


Waiting for your answer is one of the most painful things I have ever been through. At least let me know whether or not I hurt you.


There was something odd for him about not feeling lonely. The very fact that he had ceased to be lonely caused him to fear the possibility of becoming lonely again.


Listen up - there's no war that will end all wars.


If people who rely on natural spring of talent suddenly find they're exhausted their only source, they're in trouble.


Friends don't need the intervention of a third party.


Friendship's a voluntary thing.


two people can sleep in the same bed and still be alone when they close their eyes.


Taking crazy things seriously is a serious waste of time.


In a sense, I'm the one who ruined me: I did it myself.


All right, then, I thought: here I am in the bottom of a well.


You are entering a phase of your life in which many different things will occur...bad things that seem good at first and good things that seem bad at first.

let the wind change direction a little bit, and their cries turned to whispers.


Our life here was just a momentary illusion, and someday reality would yank us back to the world we came from.


It was the age, that time of life when every sight, every feeling, every thought came back, like a boomerang, to me.


We can, if we so choose, wander aimlessly over the continent of the arbitrary. Rootless as some winged seed blown about on a serendipitous spring breeze.


The ground we stand on looks solid enough, but if something happens it can drop right out from under you.


Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.


It was a strange feeling, like touching a void.


Reading aloud is different from just following sentences with your eyes. Something quite unexpected wells up in your mind, a kind of indefinable resonance that I find impossible to resist.


Irrepressible curiosity vied with an instinctive fear.


Principles and logic didn't give birth to reality. Reality came first, and the principles and logic followed.


What I was chasing in circles must have been the tail of the darkness inside me.


You know, Junpei, everything in the world has its reasons for doing what it does.


Beyond the window, some kind of small, black thing shot across the sky. A bird, possibly. Or it might have been someone's soul being blown to the far side of the world.


I feel like I've swallowed a cloudy sky.

Genius or fool, you don't live in the world alone.


It's all matter of attitude. You could let a lot of things bother you if you wanted to But it's pretty much the same anywhere you go, you can manage.


Understanding is but the sum of misunderstandings.


When your feelings build up and harden and die inside, then you're in big trouble.


sound is of no use to human evolution. in fact, it gets in the way.


It's sometimes hard to avoid losing. Nobody's going to win all the time.


No matter how long you stand there examining yourself naked before a mirror, you'll never see reflected what's inside.


He had that feeling he remembered from childhood when he opened a new textbook at the beginning of the term, ignorant of its contents but sensing the new knowledge to come.


Cold or not, God is Present.


Where I'm living is not a storybook world. It's the real world, full of gaps and inconsistencies and anticlimaxes.


But no one was asking me. I was here to do a job, and gray steel lockers or pale peach jukebox was no business of mine.


Lots of different ways to live and lots of different ways to die. But in the end that doesn't make a bit of difference. All that remains is a desert.

 

Death was not the opposite of life. It was already here, within my being, it had always been here, and no struggle would permit me to forget that.


Dreaming is the day job of novelists, but sharing our dreams is a still more important task for us. We cannot be novelists without this sense of sharing something.


Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the world is made up of all kinds of people. Other people have their own value to live by, and the same holds true with me.


In his own way, he's lived life with all the intensity he could muster.


I've built a wall around me, never letting anybody inside and trying not to venture outside myself. Who could like somebody like that?


If everybody went around understanding each other without asking questions or speaking their mind, they'd never get anywhere.


You make do with what you have. As you age you learn even to be happy with what you have.


Time expands, then contracts, all in tune with the stirrings of the heart.


People with dark souls have nothing but dark dreams. People with really dark souls do nothing but dream.


This uneasiness comes over me from time to time, and I feel as if I've somehow been pieced together from two different puzzles.


But if something did happen, it happened. Whether it's right or wrong. I accept everything that happens, and that's how I became the person I am now.


Her cry was the saddest sound of orgasm that I had ever heard.


Most of the psychological differences between men and women seem to come from differences in their reproductive system.


One of these days they'll be making a film where the whole human race gets wiped out in a nuclear war, but everything works out in the end.


That's the way it is with the mind. Nothing is ever equal. Like a river, as it flows, the course changes with the terrain.


Being a bird, I imagined, must be wonderful. All birds had to do was fly. no need to worry about contraception.


Everything in life is a metaphor.


It's all a question of imagination. Our responsibility begins with the power to imagine.


Loneliness becomes an acid that eats away at you.

sometimes I think I've got this hard kernel in my heart, and nothing much can get inside it. I doubt if I can really love anybody.


Unclose your mind. You are not a prisoner. You are a bird in fight, searching the skies for dreams.


Your work should be an act of love, not a marriage of convenience.


It's my motto for life. 'Walk slowly drink lots of water.


If you look at things from a distance, most anything looks beautiful.


I don't go out of my way to make friends, that's all.

 

People are by and large a product of where they were born and raised. How you think and feel's always linked to the lie of the land, the temperature. The prevailing winds, even.

 

I didn't feel like I was in my own body; my body was just a lonely, temporary container I happened to be borrowing.

 

Nature is actually unnatural.

 

It's not right for one friend to do all the giving and the other to do all the taking: that's not read friendship.

 

Remove everything pointless from an imperfect life, and it'd lose even it's imperfection.

 

The best musicians transpose consciousness into sound painters do the same for color and shape.

 

Something in her small eyes caught the sunlight and glistened, like a glacier on the faraway face of a mountain.

 

We were, the two of us, still fragmentary beings, just beginning to sense the presence of an unexpected, to be-aquired reality that would fill us and make us whole.

 

Don't pointless things have a place, too, in this far-from-perfect world? Remove everything pointless from an imperfect life, and it'd lose even its imperfection.

 

That's how it is with art. Mere humans who root through their refrigerators at three o'clock in the morning are incapable of such writing.

 

Death is not the opposite of life but an innate part of it. By living our lives, we nurture death.

 

Don't you think it would be wonderful to get rid of everything and everybody and just go some place where you don't know a soul?


I love you, I really do.

 

But utopias don't exist, of course, anywhere in any world. Like alchemy or perpetual motion.

 

Of what value is a civilization that can't toast a piece of bread as ordered?

 

For some reason all the middle-aged women he knew were very efficient.

 

Genius or fool, you don't live in the world alone. You can hide underground or you can build a wall around yourself, but somebody's going to come along and screw up the works.

 

In parallel with their ceaseless consumption of time, people would ceaselessly reproduce time that they had mentally adjusted.

 

It must be hard to pass your twentieth birthday alone.

 

Tengo could hardly believe it-- that in this frantic, labyrinth-like world, two people's hearts-- a boy's and a girl's-- could be connected, unchanged, even though they hadn't seen each other for twenty years.

 

When you fall in love, the natural thing to do is give yourself to it. That's what I think. It's just a form of sincerity.

 

Whether it's good for anything or not, cool or totally uncool, in the final analysis what's most important is what you can't see but can feel in your heart.

 

For a certain kind of person, love begins from something tiny or silly. From something like that or it doesn't begin at all.

 

We used to spend hours talking. We never got tired of talking, never raun out of topics - novels, the world, scenery, language. Our conversations were more open and intimate than ane lovers'.


Even from whatever miserable experience you might have, there is something to be learned.

 

The shrill witch-hunter voices of the showbiz correspondents would bring up every last bit left in your stomach from the night before.

 

If you want everything to be nice and straight all the time, then go live in a world made with a triungular ruler.

 

People leave strange little memories of themselves behind when they die.

 

Every single day, each time I see her face, see her, it's utterly precious.

 

This was something sure to be crammed full of warm secrets, like an antique clock built when peace filled the world.

 

Violence does not always take visible form, and not all wounds gush blood.

 

For every theory there has to be counterevidence--otherwise science wouldn't progress.

 

Some people can work their butts off and never get what they're aiming for while others can get it without any effort at all.

 

People fall in love without reason, without even wanting to. You can't predict it. That's love.

 

I learned there were lots of realities in the world.

 

Of course you keep telling yourself there's something to be learned from everything, and growing old shouldn't be that hard. That's the general drift.

 

In most cases learning something essential in life requires physical pain.

 

When you are used to the kind of life -of never getting anything you want- you stop knowing what it is you want.

 

If only I could fall sound asleep and wake up in my old reality!

 

Becoming serious is not the same thing as approaching the truth.


oke, berhenti di page 19 dari sumbernya di sini
nanti disambung lagi, sampai tuntas. nikmati saja dulu semua quotesnya yang kelam dan bermakna dalam.

;)

Tidak ada komentar: